Monday 16 December 2013

Interactive Device

                                                           Research 
                                                          3DS Max

Interactive device that I was creating using 3Ds Max was Interactive bus stop. I had some thoughts about it and I had an imagination it should look like, but I never saw something similar in the real life, so I made some research. I found out that there are just few bus stops, where you can touch screen, play few games , but none that you can make calls ( video calls), or you can plan your destination in the bus stop, play interactive games  and etc.
 I really liked, the designe of some bus stops, even if there was not interactive, but the research helped me to choose what kind of bus stop I want to make.
I tried to find some examples of the previous interactive devices such as : oyster machines and etc.







 
 
 

It was a bit difficult to do my research and to find out what interactive bus stops already exist around the world, because there were just few of them and I had not too much examples. I was not able to find any example which would be similar to one I created.

 
 
After I did a bit of research, I had more ideas of what I want to create and what interactivity it should have.
First of all, it was very difficult to create a shape of  the bus stop, because I wanted to make it different from those which already exist.
There are few examples of my bus stop developement:
 
 
 
As you can see, I tried so many designs, before I could choose one I like the most. When I had a clear idea what I want to do, and how do I want to design my Interactive Bus Stop, I just tried to find any details that will suit to my project and for design.
 
To complete this brief I needed to learn a huge range of new techniques and methods. Started in September I started to attend workshops in 3Ds Max. Over the weeks I learned the following new techniques:
1) Modelling
2) Textures

3) Lighting
4) Mental Ray
5) Cameras
6) Animating
7) Rendering
... and lots of more.

When I did start this brief, I did not know how to use 3Ds Max software. So, I had a really good opportunity to learn how to use this program and how to make a nice shapes with it.
If I did not know how to use any of the option in the 3Ds Max, I tried to watch some tutorials on youtube.com




And this is the final result, and I am happy with it:

 
 
This is my Interactive Bus Stop and Reelshow videos below:
 
 
 
 


And this is my Reelshow project. I still need to update it, but at the moment I put all the things that I did for the last term, but of course I still need to update my Reelshow project:






Bibliography: www.cctv.com

                       www.techhive.com

                       dormicreative.com

                       oystercard.webege.com
                    
                       www.dailymail.co.uk
   

No comments:

Post a Comment